Thank you for choosing VFW Post 6291 to assist you with your claim. We have a long history of advocacy and successful representation of veterans and their family members seeking benefits and services from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Our Post Service Officers are well trained and highly skilled at developing and helping veterans write their claims. Please bring as many of the following documents with you as you can to help us prepare your initial claim for veterans' benefits. 
  • Copy of DD214 or other separation papers for all periods of service
  • Copies of your marriage certificate and all divorce decrees
  • Copies of the public birth records for each child you claim as a dependent
  • Medical records you have showing you currently have this disability (diagnosis) Medical records you have indicationg the disability was caused or happened during your active military service
  • List of doctors you have visited outside of the VA and VA doctors and hospitals you've been seen at